“Improving the care of patients suffering from acute or chronic pain”
is the ambitious goal of the IMI-PAINCARE Consortium. This Consortium is composed of 40 participants from 14 countries; 6 are EFPIA (European Federation of Pharmaceutical Industries and Associations) participants with strong traditions in pain research and development, 23 are internationally renowned academic and clinical institutions, 5 are specialist SMEs with cutting-edge technologies, 3 are patient organizations and 3 are professional pain/anesthesia societies.
Objectives of IMI-PainCare are:
- Alignment on outcomes in acute postoperative and chronic pain which enable follow-up of treatment success in clinical practice and are suitable for use in clinical trials for drug development.
- Refining preclinical pain models and enhancing their translation into the clinic;
- Identification of translatable pharmacodynamic biomarkers to prove target engagement in the clinical development of new analgesics;
- Providing new approaches for patient stratification in clinical trials;
- Supporting decision making in clinical practice;
- Disseminating the findings broadly, including to decision makers.
More information about the project and the different topics can be found here.
Disclaimer: The statements and opinions presented here reflect the author's view and neither IMI nor the European Union, EFPIA, or any Associated Partners are responsible for any use that may be made of the information contained therein.